> Julian CAPLAN
CadCam technology in restorative dentistry - a paradigm shift or a step too far?
Traduction simultanée en français
The lecture will discuss the benefits of utilizing CadCam technology in comparison to analogous methods but will also point out some limitations of the technologies available and where clinicians should try carefully when considering changing their workflow to fully digital. Understanding how the technology works, clearly defining the aims of treatment and making evidence-based decisions on the clinical direction to take will allow the clinician have control over the final treatment outcome, ultimately benefiting the patients long term dental health.
Dr. Julian Caplan is Past – President of The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and is the current President of The Digital Dentistry Society UK.
He qualified from Sheffield University in 1988, passing the American National board exams Part 1 and Part 2 in 1997. He is an accredited member of The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and a full member of The British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry.
He bought his current practice in 1992, making it fully private by 1996 and relocating it to the high street in St Albans in 2006. His practice is a cosmetically-based practice treating patients with simple cosmetic issues to more advanced multidisciplinary procedures involving complete oral rehabilitation. He has a specific interest in the use of Cad/Cam technology in not only everyday dentistry but also in how it can be used for the more demanding aesthetic cases.
• President of the Digital Dentistry Society UK - current
• President of The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry - 2012-1013 • Chairman of the Credentialling Committee of The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
• Chairman of the Membership Committee of The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
• Principal of Aviva Dentistry Ltd Membership of
• The Digital Dentistry Society UK
• The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
• The British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry
• The Association of Dental Implantology UK and Ireland • The British Dental Association
• PG Cert Implant Dentistry
He is widely published on the use of CadCam in dentistry and is an international lecturer on Cad/Cam dentistry, traveling to give lectures as far afield as Germany, France, Finland, Dubai, Iraq, South Africa, and Taiwan. He is the only dentist currently in the world to have passed the BACD accreditation exam using Cad/Cam technology.